Lesson Title: Health Food Pictionary
Lesson Objectives: Students will be able to learn to identify specific healthy food choices to maintain a well-balanced meal.
Location(s) to play: Classroom
Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Summary of Tasks/Actions:
- Have the students each write a healthy food on three separate index cards, and collect their answers.
- Divide the students into two groups.
- The counselor will time the game at a limit of five minutes for one team at a time to guess as many correct answers as possible.
- Each team member will pick a card and go to the board to draw the specific healthy food written on the card. Their team members must guess the answer correctly. When a team answers correctly, the next member on the team takes a turn.
- The counselor or a student scorekeeper keeps score of the correct answers from each team. Each correct answer is 1 point.
- When the first team has completed their five minutes, the next team has a turn for five minutes. If time allows, have each team take another five-minute turn.
- Determine the winning team based on the highest points.
Dry erase board
Dry erase markers
Notepad and pen/pencil (to record the score)
- What did you think of this game?
- What did you learn from the game?
- What would you change to make the learning stronger?