Careers at the Network
The New York State Network for Youth Success (the Network) is a statewide organization dedicated to strengthening the capacity and commitment of communities, programs, and professionals to increase access to high-quality programs and services beyond the traditional classroom. For nearly three decades, the Network has served a critical role to advance equitable expanded learning ecosystems throughout New York state. We work to ensure high-quality afterschool and summer programs are available so all of New York’s youth—and especially youth from low-income families, youth of color, and youth of other marginalized identities—can have the opportunities they deserve to thrive. The Network is dedicated to building responsive community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development, and summer programs for New York’s youth.
The Network for Youth Success’ Credential Coordinator’s priorities include providing support and communications for four main groups: host agencies, Distance Learning (DL) and Virtual (live) courses, credential candidates, and endorsers and advisors. Host Agency training will be another main focus. Additionally, there are several subareas of focus. These include: professional development, marketing, quality support for programs, and budget tracking.
The purpose of the Credential Coordinator position is to build capacity amongst the out-of-school-time field broadly, and specifically within the credential program. This includes supporting programs in their work to provide high-quality programming and professionalizing the out-of-school-time workforce.
The primary responsibilities include: teaching of the NYS SAC Credential, credential marketing, outreach, and enrollment growth; coordination, and communication, including leading host agencies in their work; and direct oversight of the day-to-day work of the credential. The Credential Coordinator must work successfully with limited supervision and in cooperation with Network leadership and partners.
- Market credential program around the state, including the distance learning (DL) option as well as the virtual (live) classes
- Instruct the NYS SAC Credential course and other trainings as required, including, but not limited to the Health and Safety course
- Update credential manual as appropriate and in line with credential workgroup recommendations
- Lead Host Agencies and support their efforts to sustain their credential programs
- Increase number of Host Agencies and advisors in underserved areas
- Oversee the distance learning portion of the credential including all Google Classroom updates and maintenance
- Assist with organization and facilitation of SAC Credential mentor program
- Manage all contractors as related to credential
- Create invoices and manage payments of Credential working with the Network’s accountants
- Maintain up-to-date records of Educational Incentive Program (EIP) payments and training entries and stay current on EIP changes and updates
- Manage all credential renewals
- Manage credential endorsements
- Maintain records of all credentialed candidates
- Advise SAC Credential students when necessary
- Serve as a NYS credential advisor and endorser
- Maintain websites, including approving submitted listings, updating content, and reporting bugs to contracted technical support providers
- Social Media promotion of the credential and Network events
- Listserv communications related to the credential
- Send out enrollment letters as requested
- Creation of videos to promote aspects of the credential
- Creation of videos for use in the DL, virtual, and face-to-face courses
Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI)
- Address racism, sexism, heterosexism, and other discriminatory practices
- Work toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism, including active participation in organizational learning
- Knowledge of equity and social justice principles and practices
- A personal commitment to racial justice, equity, and supporting leaders dedicated to positive social change
- Help create inclusive learning spaces both internally and in client-facing work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- NYS Training and Technical Assistance Professional (T-TAP) Credential – Professional Development Specialist – School-Age Designation or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- NYS Training and Technical Assistance Professional (T-TAP) Credential – Coach, preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to facilitate in person and virtual meetings and trainings
- High level of individual initiative and creativity
- Ability to work with limited supervision and successfully within a team
- Ability to resolve practical problems independently
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, the use of database management systems and with the production of data queries, reports, and forms
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Google Suite, social media, and conducting internet-based research
- Some familiarity with website management (WordPress) is desirable but not required
- Ability to rapidly learn and use new software
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, on the telephone, video conferencing, and in writing
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, team members, and staff
- Self motivated in a non-traditional work environment
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Working knowledge of Aspire, PDP, and EIP
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Knowledge of NYS SACC Processes
- Knowledge of NYS SAC Credential and Accreditation Standards
- Expertise in NYS OCFS Regulations
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position that is eligible for full employment benefits: including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, four weeks of annual paid time off, sabbatical leave, and an employee assistance program. Network employees have the opportunity to be flexible with their schedules, work remotely as needed, and ask for other support in creating an approach to work-life balance that meets their needs.
Base salary range $40,000-$52,000 annually. Salary commensurate on experience.
This position may either be remote or based at the Network offices in Troy, NY.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The New York State Network for Youth Success is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, the Network prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws.
People of color, people of all gender identities, disabled/differently abled people, and LGBTQIA+ candidates, as well as those of other historically marginalized and/or diverse backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply.