Careers at the Network
The Network is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
The New York State Network for Youth Success (the Network) is a statewide organization dedicated to strengthening the capacity and commitment of communities, programs, and professionals to increase access to high-quality programs and services beyond the traditional classroom. For nearly three decades, the Network has served a critical role to advance equitable expanded learning ecosystems throughout New York state. We work to ensure high-quality afterschool and summer programs are available so all of New York’s youth—and especially youth from low-income families, youth of color, and youth of other marginalized identities—can have the opportunities they deserve to thrive. The Network is dedicated to building responsive community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development, and summer programs for New York’s youth.
The Network for Youth Success’ Event Coordinator’s main priority is creating and maintaining a sustainable multi-day annual conference that includes three different components (21st Century Community Learning Centers, Community Schools Equity and Resilience, and School’s Out, Make it Count!). Secondary priorities include, Wayne MOST support, and other training supports.
The purpose of the Events Coordinator position is to organize high quality, sustainable, and engaging events for the afterschool, summer, and expanded learning fields, including community schools.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Uphold the Network’s mission and vision with every event
- Own every aspect of each event, from venue choice to success metrics
- Maintain budgets and timelines
- Plan and organize all aspects of the Network’s Annual Conference
- Solicit vendors and sponsors
- Communicate and coordinate with, vendors, sponsors, awardees, speakers, and stakeholders during the event planning process
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Maintain event budgets
- Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything is in order
- Prepare and organize participant, vendor, and speaker surveys and feedback forms
- Book venues, schedule guests, draft and finalize contracts, and lock down day-of logistics
- Develop content for event materials and work with graphic designer on print materials (i.e. brochure, signage, etc)
- Handle day-to-day administration of events and programs, including order placements, BEO reviews, vendor monitoring, travel planning, restaurant reservations, attendee participation, registration counts, RSVP tracking, and troubleshooting any issues that arise
- Oversee coordination of AV technician
- Participate in partner meetings related to the conference
- Secure accommodations for individuals with special needs
- Maintain conference webpages and conference management system (including training policies)
- Market the conference via the Network’s social media pages, listservs, partners, etc.
- Oversee staff team and volunteers
NYSNYS Professional Development and other Trainings:
- Manage registration setup and logistics
- Secure moderators (if needed)
- Secure accommodations for individuals with special needs (i.e. interpreters)
- Assist with data entry into Aspire, PDP, and other required systems
- Support with social media
Wayne MOST Supplemental Support:
- Manage registration setup and logistics
- Support with social media
- Assist Wayne MOST Coordinator as needed
- Attend bi-monthly meetings of MOST team
- Oversee Wayne MOST budget on monthly basis
- Market Wayne MOST events and trainings
- Serve as Wayne County liaison
- Three years experience running large scale events such as conferences
- Established relationships with vendors
- Managing budgets and tracking expenses
- Preferred experience working in the out-of-school time field
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to moderate/manage in person and virtual meetings and trainings
- High level of individual initiative and creativity
- Ability to work with limited supervision and successfully within a team
- Ability to resolve practical problems independently
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Google Suite, Eventbrite, social media, and other relevant software
- Some familiarity with website management (WordPress) is desirable but not required
- Ability to rapidly learn and use new software
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, on the telephone, video conferencing, and in writing
- Self motivated in a non-traditional work environment
- Experience working with diverse populations
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position that is eligible for full employment benefits: including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, four weeks of annual paid time off, sabbatical leave, up to 3% matching for simple IRA retirement, and an employee assistance program. Network employees have the opportunity to be flexible with their schedules, work remotely as needed, and ask for other support in creating an approach to work-life balance that meets their needs.
Base salary range $40,000-$52,000 annually. Salary commensurate on experience.
This position may either be remote or based at the Network offices in Troy, NY.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Kelly McMahon, CEO, at Kelly@NetworkForYouthSuccess.org
In the cover letter please address the following:
- Why you are interested in working for the Network;
- Experience in event planning and other relevant experiences
Strong preference will be given to candidates with strong and clearly written cover letters.
Please include “Events Coordinator” in the email subject line.
This position is open and ready to be filled immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The Network will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis, so consider sending in applications as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The New York State Network for Youth Success is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, the Network prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws.
People of color, people of all gender identities, disabled/differently abled people, and LGBTQIA+ candidates, bilingual speakers, as well as those of other historically marginalized, and/or diverse backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply.