Lesson Title: Stop and Go Music Exercise
Lesson Objectives: Students will learn listening, social interaction, and exercise skills.
Location(s) to play: Classroom
Time: 15 minutes
Summary of Tasks/Actions:
- Ask for the students’ music recommendations they want played for the game.
- When the music starts, students will walk around giving a high-five, a handshake, or dance with a classmate that is near them.
- When the music stops, they are to perform a specific exercise (squats, body twists, lunges, pushups, or arm circles) for 30 seconds.
- When the music turns back on, they will walk around again giving a high-five, a handshake, or dance with a classmate that is near them.
Music player or phone with speaker
- What did you think of this game?
- What did you learn from the game?
- What would you change to make the learning stronger?