COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The COVID-19 vaccine is now available for childcare and school-age childcare providers in New York State. Despite eligibility, we know that many of our friends and colleagues are hesitant to receive the vaccine. If you still have questions, we want to help you get answers.
COVID-19 Vaccine Webinars
- COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A for Afterschool Staff: Hosted by the NYS Network for Youth Success on February 24th. Speaker biographies are available here.
- What Black America Needs to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines: Hosted on January 14th by BlackDoctor.org.
- Facts & Myths of the COVID-19 Vaccine: Hosted on January 20th by Good Shepherd Services.
Resources for Learning & Communicating about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines: The CDC’s Q&A on the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Community-Based Organizations COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit: Toolkit created by the CDC with tools and templates for community-based organizations.
- Essential Workers COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit: Toolkit created by the CDC with tools and templates for employers and employees to communicate about the vaccine.
- Vaccine Infographic for Black and Latino Communities (English) (Spanish): Infographic produced by the Finger Lakes COVID-19 Vaccine Hub and the Finger Lakes COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force.
Afterschool Professional COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility in New York
Owners, Operators and staff of OCFS licensed and registered child care programs.
Providers and staff of New York City based child care programs under article 43 and article 47 of the city health code. (Identified in the guidance as “approved child care”)
Providers and staff of Legally Exempt Group Child Care programs
In addition, school personnel have been added to the prioritized populations including:
P-12 school or school district faculty or staff (includes all teachers, substitute teachers, student teachers, school administrators, paraprofessional staff, and support staff including bus drivers)
Contractors working in a P-12 school or school district (including contracted bus drivers)