AFTER-SCHOOL NETWORK OF WESTERN NEW YORK
To be the regional resource, venue, and voice for afterschool and expanded learning systems-building in the region while communicating to local, state, and federal stakeholders about the benefits of out-of-school time enrichment opportunities.
Hosted by the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County, the After-School Network of Western New York serves as an intersection point for after-school and out-of-school time stakeholders in Erie County. The network engages in systems-level work around policy, partnerships, and quality assurance to create conditions for programs to operate effectively and meet the diverse needs of young people in the region in out-of-school time settings. ASNWNY brings together program staff and community leaders to advance a vision of quality out-of-school programming for all students in the region. ASNWNY meets quarterly and operates several standing committees: (1). Steering, (2). Advocacy, (3). Systems Building, and (4). Professional Development. All out-of-school time stakeholders are welcome to join the network and affiliated subcommittees.
- Erie County
- Niagara County
Priority Areas of Work
- Articulate a vision and strategy for a coordinated afterschool system in the Western New York region focused on quality, accountability, and data systems.
- Visioning with key stakeholders in the region to build consensus about the need for afterschool networks that can promote the overall goals of quality, accountability, and data systems.
- Establish communications and/or capacity building infrastructure to support the needs of the local afterschool system around the following issues: a. Professional Development; b. Quality Standards; c. Advocacy; and, d. School / community collaboration, including school-day alignment with district goals and objectives
- Communicate and disseminate tools, resources, research, and other materials that will advance quality and systems-building for expanded learning opportunities.
- Establish structures, plans, and/or policies to sustain the work of the ASNWNY.
For more information, please visit us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. If you are interested in receiving notices of regional professional development, funding, networking and other opportunities, news and events, sign up for the After-School Network of Western New York regional listserv below.
Join the After-School Network of Western New York mailing list: