Science Resources for Expanded Learning Programs & Professionals
- 101 Nature-Oriented Things to Do this Fall, Backyard Nature
Ideas for activities kids can do outdoors in the fall.
- About Academic Enrichment in Afterschool: Science, SEDL
Use this section of the Afterschool Toolkit to learn more about integrating science across curriculum, engaging families in science, and more. Access further resources and support materials on science in afterschool.
Support for professionals in developing and implementing STEM learning. Click2SciencePD is free professional development, including agenda, workshops, videos, and webinars, that can be brought to staff meetings or trainings.
- Exhibits Collection- Amusement Park Physics, Annenberg Media
Interactive site where kids can design a roller coaster and learn about the physics behind their ride.
More than 30 activities for teens available as PDFs of comics that mix science and technology with art and creativity.
- Kids’ Science Activities and Lessons, Kids-fun-science.com
Fun science experiments and lessons for kids. You can also sign up for a monthly newsletter to have experiements emailed to you directly.
- Kids’ Science Challenge, Jim Metzner Productions, Inc.
This site has many games and lesson plans available that are geared towards grades 3 – 6.
- Science 360, The National Science Foundation, NBC News, and the National Football League
10 episode video series exploring the science of football. Other series are also available on this website relating to varying academic areas.
- Science After School: How to Design and Run Great Program Activities ,The After-School Corporation (TASC)
Guidebook for program leaders on how to run a science program as well as tips on finding partners and resources.
- Science Bob, Bob Pfleugfelder
Over 30 science experiments and science fair activities written to engage children.
- Science: Weather Instruments, University of Missouri
Weather projects for fourth and fifth graders.
- Weather Experiments, Weather Whiz Kids
Forty different weather related science experiments.
- Weather Related Science Projects for Kids (and their parents), Squido.com
A resource for older children and their parents that gives instructions for building weather monitoring equipment.